An Even Shorter Ride! Poochera to Minnepa - 36kms


As we neared Wirrulla, this water pipe appeared and has been running alongside the road ever since.
I don't think it's anything to do with the Golden Pipeline but, with vast areas of wheat in the early stages of development, I guess the farmers can't afford a drought!
The settlements along the route to Wuddina are all dominated by large grain silos - Minnepa for example.

Look closely. Can you spot me holding up the first 2 silos?

The 'town centre' had 8 abandoned shops and a smattering of neglected houses.

We were surprised to find a coffee shop here - and a small motel attached to the pub. 
We opted for a room for the night, especially after hearing that, if we went on to Wuddina, we'd have a very long hill to climb before we got there!

To be truthful, it's the bed that appeals to me!

Del did the washing while I worked on my blog.

The pub offers dinners from 6.30pm.
But can we stay awake until then? We'll see!

Comments

  1. Wow, having you in shot mum really shows how big those silos are - I didn't realize! Nice having another shorter day, and another bed for the night. I remember at the end of a long day hiking all I usually wanted to do was crawl into bed as soon as possible and sleep, so I understand if you can't make it to dinner (though I'm curious about what's on the menu in those small town pubs) xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Last Day in Mundaring! (Fingers crossed!)

Time to be Realistic!

A Few Statistics! Perth to Whyalla - 2022